William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 11: The Big BangVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Supplement the videos with readings from "OpenStax Astronomy"
Other Approved Learning Resources for the class
Further Learning and Textbooks (not required. Just as an FYI.)
- Introduction to Cosmology a good online book by Ryden
- The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of the Universe by Weinberg
- Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction by Coles
Astronomy Lesson 11_07: The Ultimate Fate of the Universe
The discovery of Dark Energy in 1998 by two teams helped us learn what will happen at the end of the Universe.
- Deceleration parameter
- Type Ia supernova
- Supernova Cosmology Project
- High-Z Supernova Search Team
- Planck Microwave Satellite
- Dark Energy
- Dark Energy
- Phantom Energy
- Ultimate fate of the universe
- Heat death of the universe
- The Big Rip
- Graphical timeline from Big Bang to Heat Death
- Planck 2018 results. VI. Cosmological parameters
- Equation of state (cosmology)
- The fate of the universe: heat death, Big Rip or cosmic consciousness?