William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 7: Stellar Corpses: White Dwarfs and Neutron StarsVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Supplement the videos with reading from "OpenStax Astronomy"
Astronomy Lesson 07_02: Novae and Supernovae Type Ia
White dwarf stars can cause sudden outbursts called novae, and even do a special kind of supernova.
- White Dwarfs
- White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, and Degeneracy
- Dwarf nova
- GK Persei
- NOVA PER 1901
- Artist's impression of vampire star
- Study confirms that stellar novae are the main source of lithium in the universe
- Accretion Disk Around Binary Star System WZ Sge
- Planetary nebulae
- White Dwarf supernova simulation images
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2011
- Supernovae, Dark Energy, and the Accelerating Universe
- Improved Hubble data provide fresh evidence for new physics in the Universe
|07_01: White Dwarf Stars|
|07_02: Novae and Supernovae Type Ia|
|07_03: Neutron Stars|
|07_04: Pulsars, X-ray Binaries and Kilonovas|