William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 7: Stellar Corpses: White Dwarfs and Neutron StarsVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Supplement the videos with reading from "OpenStax Astronomy"
Astronomy Lesson 07_01: White Dwarf Stars
White dwarfs are the end state of most stars around the mass of the Sun. They have amazing properties.
- White Dwarfs
- Proper Motion of Sirius
- Gravitational redshift
- The gravitational redshift of Sirius B
- New Hubble Observations of the Sirius System
- Stefan-Boltzmann Law
- White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, and Degeneracy
- Virial Theorem
- Dwarf nova
- GK Persei
- Study confirms that stellar novae are the main source of lithium in the universe
- Accretion Disk Around Binary Star System WZ Sge
- Planetary nebulae
- White Dwarf supernova simulation images
|07_01: White Dwarf Stars|
|07_02: Novae and Supernovae Type Ia|
|07_03: Neutron Stars|
|07_04: Pulsars, X-ray Binaries and Kilonovas|