William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 5: Star Formation and BirthVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Supplement the videos by reading the following sections in "OpenStax Astronomy"
- 20: Between the Stars: Gas and Dust in Space
- 21: The Birth of Stars and the Discovery of Planets outside the Solar System
Astronomy Lesson 05_02: The Phases of the Interstellar Medium
We define what the interstellar medium is and some objects within it.
- The Interstellar Medium
- 21cm Radiation across the sky
- All-sky Image of Molecular Gas and Three Molecular Cloud Complexes seen by Planck
- North America Nebula seen by Spitzer
- Barnard 68 Bok Globule
- Many views of Barnard 68
- Bok Globules in IC 2944
- The Horsehead Nebula in Orion
- Hubble Sees a Horsehead of a Different Color
- 21cm Radiation
|05_01: Stellar Evolution Overview|
|05_02: The Phases of the Interstellar Medium|
|05_03: Giant Molecular Clouds|
|05_04: HII Regions and Star Forming Regions|