William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 4: Measuring the StarsVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Supplement the videos with readings from "OpenStax Astronomy"
Astronomy Lesson 04_07: Stellar Radii
The sizes of stars are not just their masses, but their physical diameters, or more useful, their radii.
- Luminosity/Radius/Temperature Relation
- VY CANIS MAJORIS
- List of largest stars
- Measuring the sizes of stars
- Astronomers Use Hubble to 'Weigh' Dog Star's Companion
- ESO, Babak Tafreshi (twanight.org)
- ESO: Betelgeuse's Portrait