William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 3: The SunVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
You may supplement the videos with readings from chapters 15 and 16 from "OpenStax Astronomy".
Astronomy Lesson 03_02: The Sun's Surface Appearance
Here we learn all about what the Sun looks like!
- Photospheric Features
- Solar Flare
- Carrington Solar Flare
- Coronal Mass Ejection
- Space Weather
- NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory
- NASA's STEREO Spacecraft & Instruments
- NASA's SOHO, the Solar & Heliospheric Observatory
- NOAO's McMath-Pierce Solar Telescope
- Dr. Vishnu Reddy
- Stan Honda
- Alan Friedman
- NASA's Solar Storm and Space Weather FAQ
- NASA's Solar wind visualization
- Effect of the Solar wind on Mars and Earth
- The Dynamic Solar Magnetic Field
- Aurora seen from the International Space Station
|03_01: The Sun's Bulk Properties|
|03_02: The Sun's Surface Appearance|
|03_03: The Core of the Sun|
|03_04: Energy Transport in the Sun|
|03_05: What Powers the Sun?|
|03_06: The Solar Neutrino Problem|