William Paterson University
Jason Kendall is adjunct instructor of Astronomy at William Paterson University.
Jason is teaching one section of General Astronomy in the Fall of 2019:
Online Introductory Astronomy ClassCRN: 44146, PHYS 1700-81, Online lectures and laboratory activities.
Module 1: Telescopes: the Tools of AstronomyVideos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Supplement the videos by reading Chapter 6 of "OpenStax Astronomy"
Astronomy Lesson 01_06: Radio Telescopes
Herein, we learn about radio telescopes, what they do, what their function is, and some of the major radio facilities around the world. We also examine angular resolution and the need for interferometry in radio telescopes.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Radio Window
- Radio Astronomy
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)
- Green Bank Observatory
- Arecibo Observatory
- Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical radio Telescope (FAST)
- Centaurus A recent news
- NRAO Very Large Array
- Filming Contact at the VLA
- Radio Interferometry
- NRAO Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA)
- Event Horizon Telescope
- M87 using the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope
- Black Hole-Powered Jet of Electrons and Sub-Atomic Particles Streams From Center of Galaxy M87
- NRAO M87 with its jet