Transit of VenusJune 5, 2012
New York City, 68th Street Pier, Riverside Park South
Me and my Sun Funnel attached to my trusty Galileoscope. Photo by Maeve Richmond. I did a LOT during the Transit of Venus in New York City, and got a lot of publicity. I created an event on the waterfront and was able to see it. We had about 600 people show up. If it was clear, we would have had thousands.
- New Yorkers Mesmerized by Transit of Venus: The New York Press . June 6, 2012. pdf
- Transit of Venus as it happened: The Guardian . June 5, 2012. pdf
- Amateur Astronomers Anxiously Await the Transit of Venus: DNA Info . June 5, 2012. pdf
- To Watch Venus Journey Across the Sun, a City Filled With Vantage Points: New York Times . June 4, 2012. pdf
- Once in a Lifetime: Transit of Venus!: Here There Everywhere . June 4, 2012. pdf
- NYC Preps For Rare Transit Of Venus for CBS New York . May 30, 2012. pdf
- New York Times
- CBS News New York
- UK Guardian Live Blog
- NY Press
- Here There Everywhere kids' online magazine
- The Broadsheet Daily
- Facebook Event Page
- Transit of Venus Preview and Sun Funnel Building Class. May 31, 2012. In conjunction with the Amateur Astronomers Association of New York.
- Transit of Venus Preview. June 2, 2012 at the Inwood Hill Park Nature Center, port of New York City Parks.
- Slideshow at PCMAG.com with photos by AAA member Tony Hoffman
- More photos by Tony Hoffman
- Photo by Members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of New York
- Photo by Lizzie Byrne
- Photo by Lizzie Byrne of me
- Photo by Erika Valdueza
Photos from the Transit EventClick on any image to enlarge. Click on the text for the source.
Photo by Eileen Thornton Renda