previous | home | next
Astronomy Lesson 49: The Solar Neutrino Problem
Here we learn how the Standard Model of Physics was tested, and how the existence of fusion in the core of the Sun was actually determined. This led to two Nobel Prizes, and a lot of dry-cleaning fuild down a deep, deep hole.
- Proton–proton chain reaction
- The Solar Neutrino problem
- Homestake experiment
- Raymond Davis Jr.
- Sudbury Neutrino Observatory
- Super-Kamiokande neutrino detector
- Neutrino oscillation
- Standard Model of Particle Physics