Introductory Astronomy Videos
Module 8: Star Formation and BirthSupplements and Credits
Supplement the videos with "OpenStax Astronomy"
- 20: Between the Stars: Gas and Dust in Space
- 21: The Birth of Stars and the Discovery of Planets outside the Solar System
01: Stellar Evolution Overview
Let's just start with a short overview of this whole section.
02: The Phases of the Interstellar Medium
We define what the interstellar medium is and some objects within it.
- The Interstellar Medium
- 21cm Radiation across the sky
- All-sky Image of Molecular Gas and Three Molecular Cloud Complexes seen by Planck
- North America Nebula seen by Spitzer
- Barnard 68 Bok Globule
- Many views of Barnard 68
- Bok Globules in IC 2944
- The Horsehead Nebula in Orion
- Hubble Sees a Horsehead of a Different Color
- 21cm Radiation
03: Giant Molecular Clouds
There are behemoth clouds of gas out of which stars form. What are they?
04: HII Regions and Star Forming Regions
HII regions are very pretty to see in the sky, but they also are the places where stars are created.
Protostars are embryonic stars. They are stars before they are stars.